- This event has passed.
Workshop: Constitutional Law and Political Structure of Iran
This course provides theoretical and practical training in terms of the Constitutional law of the Islamic Republic of Iran. Postgraduates and undergraduates students are particularly welcomed to participate. Besides, those wishing to improve their ability to critically understand the Iran’s legal regime are invited. Classes will mainly be seminar-based and the students are strongly encouraged to actively participate in discussions. The course is jointly organized by the Research Center of the Guardian Council of the IRI affiliated to the Guardian Council of the Constitution and the University of Religions and Denominations.
- The Constitution of the I.R.I.
- Historical Perspective
- Foundations of the Constitution
- Structure of the Powers
- Legislative Power
- Executive Power
- Judicial Power
- Islam as the Official Religion of I.R.I.
- Islamic Legal Foundations
- Consequences of the Formal Religion
- Doctrine of Imamah and Ummah
- Imamah Vs Caliphate (Sunni View)
- Imamah Vs the Modern State
- Vilayet-e-Faqih (Leadership) Theory; A Model of Democratic Governance
- Doctrinal Basis of the Guardianship of the Islamic Jurist (Vali-e-Faqih)
- Vilayet-e-Faqih as A Balance-of-Powers System
- Powers and Responsibilities
- Election and Removal: The Assembly of Experts of the Leadership
The social program lets you experience the best of Tehran (political capital). Tehran with its vibrant, cutting edge culture and fast-paced lifestyle provide a view of day-to-day life in Iran. We have designed a variety of programs, including meeting with official figures, along with visiting cultural and non-governmental centers, foundations and associations. Our handpicked social activities in Tehran brings to you an enriching adventure to complement your academic course.
Cultural Tour (Optional)
For those who pursue to enrich their experience of Iran, this optional tour of Iran (Qom, Kashan, and Isfahan) would be of interest. Follow in pilgrims’ footsteps and explore the history of old Persia and the spirit of the new Iran. Discover magnificent monuments, artworks, and sights and deeper insight into this ancient land.
Who Can Apply?
The workshop on Constitutional Law and Political Structure of the I.R. Iran is open to scholars, journalists, professors, researchers and students from all around the world. The program is designed for academics from various background, who are interested in expanding their understanding of Iran. Individuals from a wide range of academic or professional interests are welcome to apply.
A number of fee packages are available for this course. All fee packages include tuition costs, social programs, educational booklets, lunch, snacks and refreshments, travel insurance, airport transfers (pick-up and drop-off) and site visits.
|Row||Fee Package||Standard Fee||Early Birds||Group / Partner (3-5)|
|1||Course||520 EUR||468 EUR||416 EUR|
|2||Tour||280 EUR||250 EUR||230 EUR|
|3||Course & Tour||800 EUR||720 EUR||640 EUR|
- Early registration deadline: February 28, 2019
- Registration deadline: March 28, 2019
- Academic Course: April 29- May 3, 2019
- Cultural Tour: May 4-7, 2019