- This event has passed.
Call for Papers: Law and Development Institute (UAE) Conference
The Law and Development Institute will host its tenth annual international conference on law and development in Dubai, UAE, on December 6, 2019 in collaboration with the University of Dubai College of Law and the University of Sharjah College of Law.
Law, legal frameworks, and institutions have significant impact on economic and social development; however, the role of law and legal institutions for development in the Islamic world has not been sufficiently analyzed. This conference will explore this important role on the following sub-topics:
- The Role of Law for Economic Development in the Islamic World (including Sharia and Development)
- Islamic Institutions and Development
- Cases of Successful Development in the Islamic World
- “Law” as a Bridge Between the Islamic and non-Islamic Worlds for Development
- Arbitration and Development
- Economic Crimes (including Financial Crimes) in the Context of Economic Development
We ask all interested speakers to submit one-page paper abstracts by February 1, 2019. We expect abstracts, papers, and presentations in English language.
Abstract Submission: February 1, 2019
Notification of Acceptance: March 1, 2019
Final Selection of Speakers: March 15, 2019
Full Papers Due: September 1, 2019
Please note that all conference papers will be uploaded on the conference website and will be accessible by the general public (with the attachment of appropriate copyright notice).
Selected papers will be published in a Law and Development Review special issue in 2020.
All speakers and participants are expected to make their own arrangements for travel and accommodation during the conference.
Please submit your abstract and conference inquiries to Law and Development Institute (Professor Y.S. Lee) by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.