- This event has passed.
Call for Applications: University of Vienna: Postdoc, Islamic Theology
December 11, 2018
The Institute of lslamic-Theological studies is searching for a University assistant (“post doc”). We are a young team and are offering an excellent working environment, flexible working hours and good training opportunities.
Duration of employment: 4 year/s
Extent of Employment: 40.0 hours/week
Job grading in accordance with collective bargaining agreement: §48 VwGr. B1 lit. b (postdoc) with relevant work experience determining the assignment to a particular salary grade.
Participation in research, teaching and administration at the Institute for lslamic-Theological Studies.
- lnvolvement in research projects / research studies
- International publications and presentations
- Responsibility for project applications and the acquisition of third-party funding
- Preparing / writing a habilitation thesis
- Independent teaching of courses as defined by the collective agreement
- Supervision of students
- Participation in evaluation measures and quality assurance
- lnvolvement in the department administration as weil as in teaching and research administration
- University degree (PhD) in lslamic studies, lslamic theology, legal seien
- Relevant knowledge of lslamic theology with a focus on Fiqh and Usul al-Fiqh or in a similar discipline
- Excellent knowledge of the lslamic culture
- Relevant knowledge of legal research methods adopted in the field of Research
- Willingness and ability to participate in interdisciplinary and international
- Openness to criticism
- Ability to work under pressure and out of the box mentality
- Ability of team work
- Independent work style
- Good computer skills
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Very good command of Arabic
In addition, we expect the successful candidate to have
- Teaching experience / experience of working with e-learning
- Experience of working on research projects
- Experience in (external) fundraising
- Experience in knowledge management
- International presentation experience
- Knowledge of Turkish and/or Persian is an advantage
Desirable qualifications are
- Knowledge of university processes and structures
- Experience abroad
- Experience of supervising students
- Letter of motivation
- Academic curriculum vitae (including a list of publications, a list of courses and a list of talks given)
- Description of research interests and research agenda / of the intended habilitation project (if applicable)
- Contact details of people who could provide a letter of reference
Applications including a letter of motivation (German or English) should be submitted via the Job Center to the University of Vienna (http://jobcenter.univie.ac.at) no later than , mentioning reference number 9110.
For further information please contact Sonntag, Heidemarie +43-1-4277-42503, +43-1-4277-10807, Erhart, Karin +43-1- 4277-42502.